NEW VENUE FOR 2016! HOLME BUILDING, UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
The Cuban Congress 2016 has a new home and an impressive one at that! The event will be held at the Holme Building main hall, “The Refectory” as well as adjoining room “The Bevery” and upstairs room “The Sutherland”. In addition we have use of the new bar / bistro area which has been recently fully refurbished with new modern facilities.
The Holme Building is located within Australia’s oldest and most distinguished centre of higher learning, the University of Sydney and is just minutes from the CBD.
The Refectory is the Grand Hall of The Holme Building and was built in 1924. This heritage venue impresses with old-world charm and features soaring 8-metre ceilings, arched French windows, heritage wood paneling and polished timbers floors throughout!
FEATURES OF THE HOLME BUILDING
- Polished Timber Floors throughout allowing for an abundance of dance floor space!
- High ceilings and plenty of natural light perfect for daytime dance workshops.
- Great staging plus sound and lights for quality productions of the night time parties.
- Bar and Bistro serving a great variety of gourmet food and specially themed food for the Cuban Congress!
- Atmospheric courtyard area to relax and socialise in.
The Holme Building is located just a stones throw away from the Manning Bar ( the previous Congress venue ). It is situated on Science Rd right next to the Footbridge theatre, with easy access from Parramatta Rd
On Campus Parking is metered, $6 Flat rate after 3pm and on weekends. $2 hourly rate ( capped at $6 ). For more details, please see attached PDF